Thursday, March 8, 2012

Mirror Mirror on the Wall


Day 7 (6) Monday - Holy!  It’s a week today!

I can’t believe today is one week.  Who’s crazy idea was this?  Yesterday, I think, this became just what we are doing.  It stopped being at all hard, and it just is.  I think if we had not had company, and had not been met with some food challenges, it would have happened sooner.  But who has the luxury of being completely food free during a 10 day cleanse in their home?  Not many people.  I have good energy.  Lots of people ask me if I have enough to even get through the day.  Yes!  Plenty.  It’s great.  I am NOT a morning person. I struggle to get up in the morning.  Every day this week (remember I'm behind), I have woke up 30-45 minutes before my alarm is set to go off.  I set my alarm 30 minutes before I have to get up because I need the snoozes.  I am WIDE AWAKE people!  It’s awesome.

I look in the full length mirror today before I leave for work.  I haven’t seen that girl in 10 years.  You guys have no idea how good it is to see her.  No idea!!!

I head to work today armed with my lunch, and afternoon “snack.”   The bottom line about juicing is you ARE eating.  You’re just presenting it to your body in an incredibly efficient manner.  You are consuming a ton of food.  Fruits and vegetables are food.  I’m pretty sure they’d be offended, even HIGHLY offended, if you thought otherwise.  That’s why they say on this cleanse, if you’re hungry - EAT.  In juice form, of course!

It is very strange to see the light at the end of the tunnel.



When this cleanse started, I mentioned earlier in this journey that it made me crave things I didn’t even like.  It also had us craving BAD food.  We wanted to



As the cleanse progressed, I have definitely lost that appetite for destruction.   I no longer want to eat gross stuff.   I’m sure I will have things that aren’t good for me.  I’m human, and I like pizza (don't lie, you do too).  But I just went through a lot to make sure my body was clean and healthy, and I do not want to introduce nastiness into my awesome intestines!   It’s not just a thought process I’m having, it’s my palate, and how I feel.  

But........I’M TERRIFIED TO EAT!   



Seriously.  No joke.   Why you ask?  This.

Stage 5 (Breaking the Fast)
The sticky, toxic, mucoid coating on the intestinal wall is loose, and the first meal frees it from the intestinal wall. Toxins enter the blood through the colon. The gallbladder dumps its waste in a heavy discharge of bile. This can cause an instant bowel movement upon eating followed by intense diarrhea.

And they say this blog doesn't inspire people to fast.  I can't imagine why.

We have dinner plans for Thursday night with my awesome brother in law.  Thursday night is when we can eat for the first time.   D-Day.  Or E-Night as the case may be.   We’ve started discussing restaurants.  Then we decide we can’t go there.  Or there.   Or there.  We decide maybe we should stay home.  Eat in.  Not eat at all.  Continue to juice.  Not stop.  Anything to avoid STAGE 5!!!!!!!

I’m Bad Dreams scared.

Weight Loss = Me (1.5 for a total of 6.5)   DH (1.5 for a total of 11.5)
Detox Symptoms (None - Scared of eating ever again)

No comments:

Post a Comment